Radiation Oncologist in Pune
Hello 24 Taas | हॅलो २४तास | रेडिएशन थेरपी-इतर आजारांवर उपयोगी आहे का?
A Radiation Oncologist is a medical doctor who has special training in the management of patients with cancer, in particular involving the use of radiotherapy, as one area of their cancer treatment. Dr Bhooshan Zade is a most experienced Radiation Oncologist in Pune. Lots of patients got benefited from his Radiation oncologist treatment in Pune.
They also have expertise in the treatment of noncancerous conditions using radiotherapy. Radiation oncologists are responsible for monitoring the patient and organizing imaging and other tests to create and action a management plan for a patient.
Radiation oncologists work closely with other medical specialists, especially surgeons, medical oncologists, and palliative care physicians, as part of a team caring for patients with cancer. Radiation oncologists also work closely with radiotherapy oncologists medical physicists and radiation therapists to plan and deliver Radiotherapy.
Radiotherapy Oncologists have an important role in communicating with patients, their family members, and other careers in managing have an important role in communicating with patients, their family members, and other careers in the management of the patient’s cancer and overall care.
Radiation oncologists have overall responsibly for determining and setting the most suitable amount of radiation (from high energy X-rays, electron beams or gamma rays) to deliver to a patient and the way that this will be carried out.
Best Radiotherapy Oncologist in Pune.
What is Radiotherapy?
Radiotherapy is a process in which high-energy ionizing radiation is focused at the tumor in order to kill the cancerous cells. Almost half of all people with cancer have radiotherapy included in their treatment plan. Radiotherapy can be classified into two distinct categories. Dr. Bhooshan Zade is the Best Radiotherapy Oncologist in Pune and provides the Best Cancer Treatment in camp, Pune.
External beam Radiotherapy (EBRT)- The radiation is delivered from an external source in this procedure, usually a machine called a linear accelerator, which focuses high energy X-rays onto the tumor site
Internal radiotherapy- A small piece of radioactive material is placed temporarily inside the body near the tumor during this procedure, known as brachytherapy. Or a radioactive liquid may be used, which could be swallowed or injected into the body
Radiotherapy may be administered for curative purposes, involving the elimination of the tumor, preventing recurrence, or both. It may also be administered for palliative purposes, which do not intend to eliminate the tumor, but relieve the symptoms that may be experienced as a consequence of cancer. Some examples of palliative radiotherapy involve-
Radiation given to the brain to shrink tumors formed because of metastasis
Radiation given to diminish a tumor growing within a bone or pressing the spine, which may cause pain
Extreme Hypofractionated Radiation for breast cancer.
( FAST and FAST FORWARD protocol)
- Radiation therapy is very important in management of breast cancer.
- All breast conservation surgery patients and locally advanced breast cancer patients need Radiation therapy.
- Traditionally breast Radiation therapy takes 1 to 1.5 months of time to complete.
- In extreme hypo fractionated Radiation protocol we can complete this entire treatment in 5 to 8 days.
- This treatment protocol is supported by evidence from FAST and FAST FORWARD randomized trials from UK.
- This results in significant reduction in number of visits to a Radiation center in a COVID pandemic.
- This treatment protocol helps breast cancer in many aspects like less hospital visits, less loss of working days for working females, less outstation stay for patients coming from outside Pune and most importantly eliminating time factor that may hinder radiation therapy treatment in general.